WHAT IS IT?:
Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that is produced by the decay of uranium and radium and is found in soils, rocks and water throughout the U.S. Radon is colorless, odorless and tasteless and cannot be detected by our senses.
WHY SHOULD I ORDER THIS TEST?:
Radon is a health threat because it can accumulate in homes, sometimes to very high concentrations and can cause lung cancer. In fact, radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer after smoking.
Because it is naturally occurring, radon can occur at your neighbor’s house, but not yours, or vice versa. It exists regardless of a home’s foundation type. The EPA estimates that nearly one out of every 15 homes in the U.S. is estimated to have elevated radon levels. In Illinois, over 1/3 of homes that have been tested have elevated radon gas levels.
Testing for radon provides you with the information you need to determine if mitigation is necessary.
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN RADON TESTING?:
- Tests are typically placed at the time of the inspection, but can also be placed earlier with homeowner permission;
- Radon tests are placed in the home for a minimum of 48 hours conducted under Closed Building Conditions that begin at least 12 hours prior to the start of the test and for the test’s duration;
- Test results will be emailed to client within 24 hours of completion of the radon test;
- Our radon testing is conducted with state-of-the-art, electronic continuous radon monitors, which provide unsurpassed accuracy and tamper prevention;
- All Dunsing Radon Technicians are licensed in the state of Illinois.
*All pricing dependent on project