EIFS / Dryvit® Inspection
WHAT IS IT?:
Exterior Insulation & Finish System (EIFS), more commonly known by the brand names Dryvit® and Senergy®, or the generic Synthetic Stucco, is an exterior cladding system that has been used in the United States since the late 1960’s. Because of its unique properties (added insulation value, a multitude of architectural shapes, many different textured finishes) it can be found on a wide variety of structures.
WHY SHOULD I ORDER THIS TEST?:
Moisture penetration is a common issue that can cause EIFS cladding failure. Dunsing Inspectors are trained to conduct inspections for moisture and other issues using special inspection techniques, tools and documentation procedures to inspect buildings with EIFS cladding. We’ve been performing EIFS inspections since 1997 and have inspected thousands of residential and commercial structures with EIFS cladding.
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN AN EIFS INSPECTION?:
- Our EIFS Certified inspectors use a moisture meter to gauge moisture on various points around the exterior of the structure. We will probe any spot where high moisture is detected to determine the level of moisture present;
- Exterior repair companies will use this report to identify where repairs are needed;
- Homeowners often have us conduct this inspection every couple of years as part of their regular home maintenance;
- Fees begin at $400 and can increase to several thousand dollars dependent on the size and composition of the building;
- A written report complete with findings and photographs will be emailed within 24 hours of inspection completion.
*All pricing dependent on project